Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Homemade Gummed Stickers
Stickers are fun for children and adults alike. It's fun to stick them on envelopes, assignments, packages, and more. Some people create entire journals or books filled with stickers! Making your own stickers out of magazine pictures, wallpaper samples, gift wrap, or drawings is even more fun! You can even use old greeting cards and family photos.
Here's a recipe for this fun craft.
2 parts white glue
1 part white vinegar
1) Create a sticker sheet by gluing pictures on an 8 x 11 sheet of paper or by sketching them on. Color if desired.
2) Photocopy on a color copy machine.
3) Coat the entire back of the page with the white glue/white vinegar mixture.
4) Allow page to dry completely.
5) Apply a second coat of white glue/white vinegar mixture.
6) Allow page to dry completely.
7) Using scissors, cut out pictures to create stickers. Leave a small, white border around each picture.
8) To use, moisten back of sticker and apply to page, envelope, or more.
Free clip art that is appropriate for stickers can be found here.